The WPI Intramural Sports Program takes great pride in providing a quality intramural program for the entire campus community. Graduate, undergraduate, faculty, and staff members of the university are welcome to join each and every program.
The philosophy of the program is to provide the participants an opportunity to become involved in a group and / or individual activities for social interaction, physical conditioning, and psychological development. The intramural program is designed to emphasize the importance of having fun in a competitive atmosphere.
*Please note, you do not receive PE credit for intramurals.
Approximately 55% of the students participate in the intramural program, as well as many faculty and staff. Our programs in 2014-2015 include:
- Flag Football
- Floor Hockey
In addition, special programming for 2014-2015 will include:
- 3 Point Shootout
- Softball Tournament
- Raquetball Tournament
- 3 v 3 Basketball Tournament
- Badminton Tournament
- Movie Night in Rec Center Pool (Jaws)
*Roster Submissions: IMLEAGUES.COM (new for spring 2013)
*No late rosters will be accepted.
- Sports offered: Flag Football
- Rosters due – Tuesday September 2
- Captains Meeting – Wednesday September 3 (9pm in Rec Center Meeting Room, 4th floor)
- Play begins - Sunday, September 7
- Play ends - Sunday, September 28 (Subject to change)
- All games will be held in Alumni Stadium
- Sports offered: Floor Hockey
- Rosters due – Tuesday October 28
- Captains Meeting – Wednesday October 29 (9pm in Rec Center Meeting Room, 4th floor)
- Play begins – Thursday October 30
- Play ends – Tuesday December 9
- All games played on Mondo Surface in Rec Center
- Sports offered: Basketball
- Rosters due – Tuesday January 20
- Captains Meeting – Wednesday January 21 (9pm in Center Meeting Room, 4th floor)
- Play begins – Thursday January 22
- Play ends –Wednesday February 25
- All games played on Hardwood Courts in Rec Center
- Sports offered: Volleyball and Soccer
- Rosters due – Tuesday March 17
- Captains meeting – Wednesday March 18
- Play begins - Sunday, March 22 (weather conditions permitting for soccer) and Monday, March 23 (for volleyball)
- Play ends – Sunday April 19 (Soccer), Wednesday April 23 (Volleyball)
- All soccer games played on turf fields (Stadium and/or Rooftop), All volleyball played on Hardwood Courts in Rec Center
Please note: Only WPI Students/Faculty and Staff are permitted to participate in these programs. Verification of WPI student status (ID #'s, date of birth) will be confirmed prior to participation.
For more information, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org