The WPI Intramural Sports Program takes great pride in providing a quality intramural program for the entire campus community, graduate, undergraduate, faculty and staff of the University. It is our intention to provide a stimulating environment which will in turn enhance the participants' ability to successfully achieve the recreational opportunity so vital to the over-all university experience.
The philosophy of the program is to provide the participants an opportunity to become involved in a group and / or individual activities for social interation, physical conditioning and psychological development. The intramural program is designed to emphasize the importance of having fun. The intention of the program is to enrich the participants' lives during their stay at WPI and provide carry-over value for constructive utilization of thei leisure time in the future. Please note, you do not receive PE credit for intramurals.
Approximately 55% of the student body participate in the intramural program. Recent programs have included:
- Cross Country
- Flag Football
- Floor Hockey
- Table Tennis
NOTE: Volleyball will be held in D term, not A Term.
No late rosters will be accepted.
- Sports offered: Flag Football
- Rosters due - Wednesday, September 4th - 11:59pm
- Schedule Announced - Friday, September 6th
- Play begins - Sunday, September 8th
- Play ends - Sunday, October 6th (Subject to change)
- All games will be held on the Alumni Field Turf Field
- Sports offered: Floor Hockey
- Rosters due - Wednesday, October 16th - 11:59pm
- Schedule Announced - Monday, October 28th
- Play begins - Tuesday, October 29th
- Play ends -Thursday December 12th
- Floor Hockey will be held weeknights from 7 to 11 in the Recreation Center.
- Sports offered: Basketball
- Rosters due - Wednesday, January 1st
- Schedule Announced - TBA
- Play begins - Wednesday, January 22nd
- Play ends - TBA
- Basketball will be held Monday-Thursday from 7 to 11 in the Recreation Center.
- Sports offered: Volleyball and Soccer
- Rosters due - Wednesday, March 5th
- Captains meeting - Friday, March 16th
- Play begins - Sunday, March 23rd (weather conditions permitting for soccer) and Monday, March 18th (for volleyball)
- Play ends - TBA
- Volleyball will be held weeknights from 7 to 11 in the Recreation Center. Soccer will be on the turf during weekends
Please note: Only WPI Students/Faculty and Staff are permitted to participate in these programs. Verification of WPI student status (ID #'s, date of birth) will be confirmed prior to participation.
For more information, please contact Anthony Fucillo at email@example.com