2012 Rowing Camp
Date: Monday, July 9th - Saturday, July 14th
Age Range: 13-18 years old
Time: 9:00 AM - 4:00 PM (8AM to 10AM - Saturday Only)
Cost: $450 (includes daily lunch & Camp T-Shirt)
Camp Director: Jason Steele
The WPI Rowing Camp is for high school athletes of all levels. A Level I, novice camp is offered for those athletes with no prior rowing experience and a Level II camp is designed for rowers with prior experience. Coxswain skills are taught at both levels. The WPI Rowing Camp balances learning and enjoyment, and is held on Lake Quinsigamond in Worcester, MA, site of the Eastern Sprints (ECAC Championships), New England Championships and the ECAC Intercollegiate Regatta. The camp includes both morning and afternoon practices on the water, culminating with an intra-squad race on Saturday morning.
|Tentative Daily Schedule|
Arrival at Boathouse (Tuesday - Saturday; Monday report to WPI's Harrington Auditorium)
Lunch @ WPI
Free time - field games (croquet, badminton, horseshoes, frisbee)
Afternoon Row Complete
END - departure from boathouse
ANNOUNCEMENT: February 2012
Thank you for your interest in the 2012 WPI Rowing Camp. Our staff is excited to meet you on Monday, and we look forward to a great week of rowing! I wanted to highlight a few important items that will need you attention for the first day.
1) Please be aware that on MONDAY ONLY you will need to be dropped of at the WPI Campus. Registration begins at 8:30 AM. Directions can be found at the following website: http://www.wpi.edu/About/Visitors/directions.html We will hold our registration in Harrington Auditorium which is on the main quadrangle.
2) On Monday you will need a bathing suit and towel. Our first order of business is to conduct a swimming test. This test is simple, involving 4 lengths of the pool and treading water for 10 minutes. The lenghts are not timed, you can take as much time as you need. We only need to be assured that if you were to fall into the lake you are comfortable in the water.
3) Please be aware that Parents can pick up each day (including Monday) at the Donahue Rowing Center. Directions can be found at the following website: http://www.qra.org/visitors/directions.html (please follow directions to the DONAHUE ROWING CENTER NOT REGATTA POINT.)
4) If you have not yet signed up for our Camp it is not too late. Please arrive at 8:15 on Monday and have a copy of the your physical, registration form (provided below), and a check for $450.00.
If you have any questions or concerns please feel free to
contact me directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Have a great fourth of July! See you Monday.
Jason Steele WPI Crew
Equipment required or recommended includes:
- Clothing: Rowing unisuits (if available)
- Shorts and T-Shirts (Loose clothing NOT recommended)
- Change of clothes
- Rain Jacket
- Additional rowing outfit/change of clothes
- Water Bottle
- Snacks (personal preference)
- (Daily full lunch is provided)
Showers are available at the Donahue Rowing Center, as well as at WPI during lunch time.
If you are unable to complete your application online, please contact the Summer Programs Office at 508-831-4900